Ventrus Teaching School Alliance
Who we are
Ventrus Teaching School Alliance is made up of 11 primary schools and 1 secondary within a Multi Academy Trust and a number of wider partner schools right across Devon. We have close links with University of Worcester. University of Exeter as well as other Teaching School Alliances across the South West.
Teaching schools are part of the Government’s drive to give schools more freedom and to take increasing responsibility for managing the school system.
As well as offering training and support for all the schools in the alliance, teaching schools identify and co-ordinate expertise from within the alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
- Lead the development of a school-led initial teacher training system (school direct)
- Lead CPD
- Identify and develop leadership potential
- Provide support for other schools
- Designate and broker specialist leaders in education
- Engage in research and development